Thin Sheet Metal Fabricator Apprentice
As a growing British manufacturer within the food service industry we at Target Catering Equipment are looking for a confident, driven individual to join our expanding team as Thin Sheet Metal Fabricator Apprentice. If you're interested in putting your hands to work and would like to become a valued member of our team, learning the skills required to manufacture high quality bespoke British products, then we want to hear from you!
Permanent, Full Time
Course - Level 3 Welding and Fabrication
Training Provider - Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET)
Duration - 3 years
Salary - Minimum Wage
WHAT WILL I DO AS A THIN SHEET METAL FABRICATOR APPRENTICE?
Starting in September 2017, you will learn and develop thin sheet metal fabrication skills and knowledge through an onsite work placement at Target Catering Equipment, whilst also studying for a nationally recognised qualification - Level 3 Welding and Fabrication.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Working directly with experienced members of staff, who will give guidance to ensure the appropriate performance levels are achieved across different departments within the business, apprentices will be required to put into practice theory learned at college and to develop an understanding of fabrication processes, allowing them to read engineering drawings and assist in the manufacture of bespoke stainless steel catering equipment products to the highest standard, whilst also adhering to the company policies and procedures, of which health and safety plays a large part.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will learn to use the following pieces of heavy equipment along with hand tools;
- Press Break
- Punch Press
- Corner Notcher
And perfect manufacturing techniques including;
- TIG Welding
- Polishing and Finishing
There will also be some elements of CAD drawing brought into the later stages of the apprenticeship, giving individuals the opportunitiy to learn about the design and development process of products and also the use of the plasma cutter.
PERSONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs required. This would include a level 5 or a B in Maths, a Level 4 or C in Science, and a level 4 or C in English. Other relevant subjects such as D&T, Resistant Materials or Engineering would be an advantage. Please note that if you have PEOs or BTECs in Engineering, you may be required to repeat certain modules. Please ensure your CV is up to date with details of qualifications you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You can include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Individuals must have a desire to learn along with an ability to problem solve and work well under pressure
- Be a good team player with the ability to work under your own initiative when needed
Possible Career Progression - Junior Thin Sheet Metal Fabricator
Application Process -
- Apply online: Send us a covering letter and your CV.
- Assessment - if you are selected to attend you will spend half a day at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET), our off-site training facility. Your skills in Maths and mechanical aptitude will be assessed.
- Interview and assessment day - if you are selected you will be invited to Target Catering Equipment where you will have an interview, individual practical assessments, a team exercise and site tour, along with the opportunitiy to talk to some apprentices currently in the scheme.
- Official offers will then be made.