Cookware Suitable for Induction Cooking
CHOOSING YOUR INDUCTION PANS
Before you decide which cookware to buy, you will need to consider the following points:
- Its suitability for your induction hob or cooker
- Its suitability for the type of food to be cooked
- Whether it is dishwasher safe
- The size of the induction zone
To make the right choice, it helps to understand about induction cooking and the use of an induction hob.
- Induction hobs are made from smooth, ceramic glass, the heat comes from a magnetic induction coil which heats the cookware but not the cooking surface. The heat from the cookware is transferred to the food.
- Pans suitable for induction hob use must be made from magnetisable metal such as cast iron or steel. Pure aluminium or copper pans will not work with this type of hob unless the base is bonded with a magnetic metal.
- Check that pans are attracted to a magnet - this ensures that they are suitable for use with an induction hob.