Sustainable Catering Equipment - Kit For Energy Efficient Kitchens
Sustainable catering equipment: products that are made locally, use renewable energy, reduce energy consumption and can be recycled after use. Selecting sustainable catering equipment can provide significant savings as well as improving working conditions in the commercial kitchen. Catering kitchens expend large amounts of energy with 23% of energy consumption in a typical catering business being used for cooking. Here are 5 pieces of energy efficient catering equipment that will help you cut costs.
- Combination ovens and programmable cooking centres - cooking control at the push of a button optimising energy use with measured cooking hours and the ability to cook several dishes at the same time.
- Commercial dishwashers - insulated dishwashers keep heat in where it is required, coupled with integrated water softeners ensuring water boilers work efficiently. Choose dishwashers that have been developed to enhance water and electrical saving efficiency as well as detergent and water softener consumption and labour saving capability. Drain water heat recovery systems can also help reduce energy bills.
- Induction hobs and commercial induction range cookers offer the greatest energy savings for commercial kitchens. With limited residual heat, as heat is generated in the pan, this produces an energy saving and also when the magnetic field is broken on removal of the pan, the hob switches off, allowing for further energy savings. Reducing the amount of heat being generated in the kitchen also means ventilation systems can be run on minimum settings, this will allow for further energy savings.
- Hot Cupboards - all Target Catering Equipment's hot food holding cabinets are fully insulated, maximising use of heat generated within and ensuring energy efficiency along with safe, cool surfaces. Thermostatic control and humidity features guarantee food contents are held in perfect condition. Target's heated gantries can also be manufactured to include individually switched lamps, reducing the need for all lamps to be left on when not in use and therefore producing additional energy savings in the kitchen.
- Eco Grills - the workhorse of so many kitchens, the salamander grill is usually left on and ready for use. Energy saving electric ribbed elements offer an alternative to the traditional gas salamander grill. With plate and rack sensors switching the grill on and off when required and the addition of a simple timer and individual element switches, you can start saving energy and controlling food production effortlessly with this piece of equipment.
Take some of the waste heat and energy out of your kitchen; incorporate energy saving products into your new commercial kitchen design or replace old equipment with sustainable, energy efficient catering equipment and start saving today.
For further information and advice about Target's sustainable catering equipment please call 01452 410447.